Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Tomas and Bree Young-Disabled Iraq Veteran


After meeting, hugging and photographing this brave young couple, I went back to my computer to upload the photo in the Camp Casey Universe and sobbed. I just couldn't stop. I guess after 10 days of the love, sadness and intensity of Camp Casey I just couldn't hold back the floodgates of emotion. Tomas was paralyzed from the chest down the same day Casey Sheehan was killed. He was in an unarmored vehicle with no top on it. He said that it must have been like shooting fish in a fishbowl.

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger myla reson said...

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much for all of these wonderful images.

I found them within moments of you being interviewed on 'the Brad Show'. You've provided faces to go along with voices allowing our hearts and minds to be in Crawford even though we were not able to be there physically.

I was profoundly moved by the stories of Tomas and Bree Young. The reckless decision to send our brave young troops into harms way in a crowded unarmored, uncovered truck and allow them to be picked off as Tomas said, 'like shooting fish in a barrel' strikes me criminal.

Bring the Troops Home Now!
They're needed here.

peace,

myla reson

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger jasonvick said...

Hello all Alaska!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Smarry said...

What are seeing with very interesting.........

___________________
Smarry
Entertainment at one stop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home