Saturday, September 17, 2005

Reflections on Camp Casey-September 17


After returning to my home, Homer alaska, from Camp Casey, I received this lovely email from Peter and Geniveve...a couple that decided to get married at Camp Casey. They said they couldn't think of any place they would rather say their vows to each other. Anyway, shortly after we broke camp at Camp Casey I recieved this email from Peter... I found his reflections on the experience there profound. I would like to share them with all of you......peace .........Alaska Gyrl aka Kim Terpening

Peters email to me after his wedding to Geniveve:
Thanks for your blog from Camp Casey, we will never forget that place.__As we walked the mile to our car away from CC on our wedding night, the tent glowed in the distance. It looked like a spaceship on the Texas prairie. __Looking back, we realized that the place we were wed will physically disappear today. The gathering on that Texas roadside, that collection of people from all over the United States and around the world will never exist again in the same way. It was a perfect moment in time where love and the ideal of peace was celebrated. It was a perfect place to get married. __Thanks for documenting it all.__Peter Ravella_Austin Texas
7:15 AM

7 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Human said...

MERRY FITZMAS, MERRY MERRY FITZMAS, MERRY FITZMAS, MERRY, MERRY, MERRY.
I CAN HEAR THE CELL DOORS A CLINGING. ONCE MORE, THIS TIME WITH MORE FEELING, MERRY FITZMAS, MERRY MERRY FITZMAS, MERRY FITZMAS, MERRY, MERRY, MERRY. ME SO HAPPY.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger mtheiler said...

Just visiting some Alaska Blogs, checking them out and letting people know about my blog: Alaska Breaking News

I am in Kenai and it's almost -30 below!


Marc

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger jasonvick said...

Hey that's my brother. I just did a search for mtheiler, to see if his old baseball news stats were around and I get this blog where he talks about Alaska. I wonder if he'll see this.
Ohh well, off to check on Construction Equipment and then I'm off to bed. Either way, stay warm up in Alaska!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Gamble Online said...

Carnival Alaska Cruises

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Hi there,

Nice stuff you got, fabulous pics.
Well, I do have also in my sleeves, if you have time don't forget to visit

photosorcery.com

Many thanks

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mac Musick from Durango CO said...

Dear Kim if you get the opportunity please contact Monique Musick at www.photosynthesisak.com

Mo is my niece and has a studio/gallery in Ester a small town not more than about seven miles from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.

I am truly yours in peace and goodwill toward all.

McKenzie Musick
Durango CO

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Smarry said...

Very nice keep it up.....

___________________
Smarry
Entertainment at one stop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home